Decision Day

Decision Day  

  

After watching multiple tutorials on Premiere Pro and InDesign and class discussions, I will be deciding to do the magazine. I have had experience with similar picture editing software like photoshop in the past. In middle school, I took three years of DIT (Digital Tech Info) which taught the basics of photoshop. Also allowed me to be certified in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. 


InDesign is very familiar with photoshop including the layout. This gives off a familiar feel to the software before I even used it. InDesign also has similar tools compared to Photoshop. My favorite tool to use in InDesign is the Gradient Tool which allows you to add cool effects to the color of a picture. Another feature InDesign can offer is that you can select multiple pictures at once and put them into certain places/sizes before putting them in the template. For example, you can put them into a window formation with the size of the boxes already set. So, when you send them into the template, the pictures are not oversized and taking up the entire screen. 



I feel like Premier Pro would have also been a good choice for me to pick since I also have video editing experience. I used to use a program called “Song Vegas Pro” which is a video editing software that was recommended to me by a friend. It is complicated to use at first but over time it is useful to use. After watching some of the video tutorials on Premiere Pro I can determine that using this software would be easy to figure out. There are multiple tutorials on how to edit videos using the software. One thing I like about Premiere Pro is the transitions. Premiere Pro gives you lists of free transitions that are easy to use from the software. Sony Vegas has free transitions but not as many as Premier Pro. 

Premier Pro


Sony Vegas Pro

Although Premiere Pro is a very great video editing software; InDesign is the software I most familiar with. I feel like I can do a lot more using InDesign then I can than using Premiere Pro. Photo editing is also something I excel in compared to video editing. Video editing is a lot more complex in my opinion. When trying to take a picture move on time with a certain clip, you must individually stop and mark each frame while moving the picture. This can make a five-second clip take over thirty minutes to edit. Rendering in video editing software also can take a long time to finish rendering just for you to be able to see the full clip in mp4 format. Photo editing software does not make you wait for rendering. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Sequence Clip Review

Peer Review